Professor in Environmental Science with emphasis on water resources and global Sustainability at Stockholm University, Co-director of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research, and Chief Scientist of Conservation International (pro bono).
Appointed by the founders 2015-2016, re-elected by the Board 2017-2019 and 2020-2022.
– Serves on the board of the Global Challenges Foundation in Sweden
– Chairs the EAT Advisory Board
– Chairs the Water Land Ecosystem program steering committee of the CGIA
– Chairs the Earth League
– Serves on the Swedish PM’s Innovation council
– Serves on Swedish Delegation 2030 (for the SDGs)
– Serves on the Swedish Science Council for sustainable development (Vetenskapliga rådet för hållbar utveckling)
– Advisor to Mission 2020
– Steering committee member of the Rockefeller Foundation/NERC “Towards a Sustainable Earth” (TaSE)
– Member of the Leadership Council of the SDSN (and co-lead of the World in 2050 – TWI2050 initiative)